Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held Monday, May 14 at 7pm
Arts on the Ave Edmonton Society (AOTA) is holding its Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Monday, May 14 at 7:00 pm at The Carrot Community Arts Coffeehouse. We are pleased to welcome Bob Layton, an award-winning editorial news director from 630 CHED and Corus Entertainment, as our guest speaker for this year's AGM.
More about Bob: He is the news manager of the Corus Edmonton group of radio stations, including 630 CHED, iNews880, Fresh Radio and CISN Country. He is now in his 47th year of broadcasting.
A winner of four national awards for editorials, Bob is best known for taking strong positions on family, good government and law and order.
He is also a member of the International Ventriloquist’s Association. It was the only way he could find to get the last word in after being told to keep his mouth shut.
Members must have purchased membership 30 days prior to the AGM in order to vote. You can purchase or renew your memberships online or in person at The Carrot Community Arts Coffeehouse (9351 118 Ave, Edmonton).
Nominations to the Board
The AOTA Nominating Committee is looking for interested members to join the Board. If you are interested in serving, please read on.
Requirements to sit on the Board
- You must have an interest in the arts and a belief in neighbourhood renewal
- You must be a member at least 30 days before the May 14, 2018 AGM
- You must submit a letter and phone numbers of two references to AOTA president: Jon Jon Rivero by April 30, 2018, two weeks before the AGM.
- A nomination letter can contain a resume or any other information you think pertinent to a board position.
- You can be nominated by another AOTA member; self-nominations are accepted. Nominations from the floor of the AGM are not accepted.
- The nominations committee will hold an interview or phone interview with all candidates.
- The nominations committee will make recommendations for board membership to the AGM; these nominations must be voted on.
- Board membership is immediate at AGM.
If you are interested, please visit www.artsontheave.org and read the mission, mandate and goal statements to get a better understanding of what the board of AOTA does.