Call for Artist Submissions: Chalk It Up on 118
On July 23rd, 2016 The Carrot is hosting Chalk it up on 118th. This event will feature community activities, performances, a free pancake breakfast, and chalk artwork along the roadway and sidewalk outside the coffeehouse. We are looking for a few chalk artists to create unique chalk artworks during this event. This opportunity will be a fun way to show off your skills and engage with the community.
Artist who are selected:
- will create a chalk artwork during the event between 10:00am-3:00pm on July 23, 2016
- will receive a $50 honorarium.
Submit by July 10th, 2016 at 11:59pm
Interested artist should submit the following items by email to Karen McGale at: email@example.com
- A paragraph describing your idea for the chalk artwork you intend to create during the event. This can just be a general idea. You also should expect to fill a relatively large area of the roadway or sidewalk but there is no need to include too much specifics (such a dimensions) in your description as this will be determined by the space you are assigned on the day of the event.
- 5 to 10 example of your art. These images should showcase your skill level. Choose works that show your ability to paint or illustrate and this is most related to chalk artwork. You are also welcome to create a sketch of the idea you plan to execute at the event but this is not required.
- A CV that includes a short history of your artistic experience and your contact information
Selected artist will be contacted at least a week before the event